maven-users mailing list archives

From "Macbeth, Andrew (US SSA)" <andrew.macb...@baesystems.com>
Subject RE: Initialize not running during Install?
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:06:04 GMT
Anders,
I included the debug output and pom.xml's in my previous message. Wondering if they didn't
make it through to you. I've reattached them to this message. If attachments aren't making
it through, I'll resend with contents pasted into the body of this message.

A quick visual comparison of the debug output of initialize vs. install indicates that the
following does appear in initialize and does not appear in install:

[INFO] Installing ***/***/***/***/lib/jnetpcap.jar to ***/***/.m2/repository/jnetpcap/jnetpcap/1.3.0/jnetpcap-1.3.0.jar

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: anders.g.hammar@gmail.com [mailto:anders.g.hammar@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Anders Hammar
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 2:18 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Initialize not running during Install?

I doubt that this plugin is not executed when you perform a "mvn install"
if it executes for "mvn initialize". If it would be the case, it's a bug in Maven core.

If you're using Maven 3, the console output will very clearly state the plugins being executed.
Could you execute "mvn install" and ensure the plugin is not being executed. Compare to the
output of "mvn initialize".

If you still think something is wrong, we need a test case to try to reproduce.

/Anders

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Macbeth, Andrew (US SSA) < andrew.macbeth@baesystems.com>
wrote:

>  I am attempting to configure maven-install-plugin:install-file in my
> pom.xml. I want to install a third-party jar into my local repo. I
> prefer to run this in the pom.xml instead of command line so that
> developers on the team are unaffected and do not have to manually
> perform the install. An extract from my pom.xml is below.
> <install-file> is set to run during the initialize phase. When I
> execute "mvn initialize" the jar is successfully installed into my
> local repo. However, when I run "mvn install", it does not get installed (yes, I am clearing
out the local repo between runs).