maven-users mailing list archives

From DJViking <>
Subject Re: maven deploy artifacts to Nexus repository
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2013 08:38:17 GMT
I know uploading through SCP is possible. At my previous workplace we
uploaded the artifacts through SCP directly to the server location and not
the web location. I have replicated it right down as I remember it. There
could possible just be some user authentication problem. I could possibly
solve this by adding the user build public key into its own authorized_keys
file. Then maven should have no problem uploading via scp without submitting
the password for the user.

*Trying the http URL for distribution management:*
[INFO] Total time: 1:04.762s
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Mar 25 09:25:44 CET 2013
[INFO] Final Memory: 31M/803M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy (default-deploy) on
project myApp: Failed to deploy artifacts: Could not transfer artifact from/to releases
(http://maven-vm1:8080/nexus/content/repositories/releases): Failed to
transfer file:
Return code is: 401, ReasonPhrase:Unauthorized. -> [Help 1]

Sent from the Maven - Users mailing list archive at

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message