maven-users mailing list archives

From "Peter J. Farley III" <pjfarl...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: Import an open source maven project into Eclipse?
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:36:45 GMT
Thank you for the prompt reply.  I will certainly look at the STS version of
Eclipse as an alternative to the direct Eclipse Foundation download I used
to get my current copy.

Per your advice, I was able to browse the repository with the svn repository
browser, and then the right-click "Check out maven project" process on the
"trunk" branch actually worked, and now I have the project in my eclipse
workspace. Yay!

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Wheeler [mailto:rwheeler@artifact-software.com]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 1:39 PM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: Re: Import an open source maven project into Eclipse?

I would suggest using the STS version of Eclipse from Springsource since it
comes as an Eclipse configured with everything that you need in a single
download

However, you do seem to be in good shape.

1) The project should have instructions about how to get the project checked
out as an Eclipse project or may suggest another IDE as being more
frequently used by their group
2) The project forum is a better place to ask this question.

Having told you where the really competent advice can be found, I will take
a crack at it ;-)

3) Can you browse the svn repo from the Eclipse "Repository Browsing"
view. If not fix your Eclipse SVN until you can. If so, check out the
project from that view so you only get a single option that will always
work.
Once you get the project downloaded into Eclipse, you should find the POM
file in the project and should be able to build the project immediately if
it is a Maven project.

I hope that this helps but you really should be asking this in the ofx4j
forum since they will really know how you should be starting to develop or
customize.

Ron