maven-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Scholte" <rfscho...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to tell release:perform only to deploy specific modules
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:36:08 GMT
Hi Chris,

Since you're well aware that you're fighting the release procedure as
expected by the maven-release-plugin,
I'd suggest not to use release:perform
As described on the "perform a release"-page[1] this goal does just 2
things:
- Checkout from an SCM URL with optional tag
- Run the predefined Maven goals to release the project (by default,
deploy site-deploy)
These are steps you can do with or without Maven.

Robert

ps. Maybe you can convince your team if you can show them how easy a
release:perform is when the structure better fits the release cycle.
btw. additionalArguments is filled with arguments[2]

[1]
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/examples/perform-release.html
[2]
http://maven.apache.org/maven-release/maven-release-plugin/perform-mojo.html#arguments