maven-users mailing list archives

From Mariusz Pluciński <plucinski.mari...@gmail.com>
Subject Compiling maven plugin and using it in the same project.
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:18:54 GMT
Hello,

I would like to ask, is there any way to have two project: maven plugin and project using
the plugin as submodules of the same root project, and compile them just by "mvn package"
(orinstall) called for root project?

I have tried to do it this way, but got an error:

Unresolveable build extension: Plugin <plugin project id was here> or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Could not find artifact <again the same id>.

In case of dependencies, there is no problem to find artifact being submodule parallel to
currently built project - maven understands, that it should build e.g. dependency jar before
building the dependent one. Is it possible to make him do this with plugin?

Best regards,
Mariusz Pluciński