maven-users mailing list archives

From Samuel Cox <crankydi...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Maven Aether from my standalone application
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:11:32 GMT
Hi,

I'm writing a standalone program that needs to find the GAV coordinates for
a Maven pom file, which is retrieved from Subversion.  In the simple case,
this is easy.  I just parse the pom.  However, things get much more
complicated when only the artifactId is present.  I'm looking for some API
such that I can do this:

gav(File settingsXml, File pom) => GAV

Is this possible?  It seems like it should be since Maven can build the
project if I check it out (presumably by resolving all the parent stuff).

If Aether isn't the answer, is there some other way?

I tried http://www.jcabi.com/jcabi-aether/index.html, but it doesn't
compile (MavenProject.setRemoteProjectRepositories doesn't exist).

Many thanks.