maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamically select resources and apply filtering
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:22:45 GMT
> again, many thanks for your valuable comments; but my issue is
> that if Maven packages the war file, it means that the config files
> have already been customized (think of the spring config files in
> WEB-INF for instance); so how can I mix both approaches?

Here's two solutions I can imagine:
1. externalize all configuration, so the Spring config files in
WEB-INF do not even exist in what Maven is building, but rather you
have one or more configuration projects (client/env-specific) and then
your CM tool merges the Maven-built WAR with one or more of those
config jars
2. internalize all configuration, so all configurations across all
clients/envs are included in one single WAR, and then your CM tool
simply cuts out everything EXCEPT the one set of files required for
the client/env you are building

Wayne