maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven compiler fails non-randomly
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2013 16:19:38 GMT
> This issue is still haunting me. The same project could be running on one

If you check the 2 stacktraces you've included below, this is an error
being emitted by javac, not Maven. You just happen to see it via Maven
as that is your build tool.

It is a bit of a pain, but can you test compiling with javac from the
command line (passing in the dependencies etc via -cp)? I think you
will discover that is occurs just as it does when compiling with
Maven. I'd offer help with this if it was an open source project.

Once you verify this, follow the directions about the Bug Parade so
this can be fixed in the JDK itself. Maven simply calls out and uses
your system JDK/javac for compiling, so bugs in javac mean that errors
occur when compiling with Maven as well.

Wayne