maven-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject JAX-RS handling an exception in the middle of an output writer
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 14:08:14 GMT
So, I've absently-constructed the following problem.

I've got a JAX-RS service that does, essentially, all of its work in a
StreamingOutput object. It also has an error mapper that produces a
Json body to go with the 400 status code in the error response.

You can see where this goes: the code succeeds in writing *some* of
the output, encounters an exception, and then sets up the error
response. CXF dutifully serializes it, resulting in a mess consisting
of the beginning of the original output followed by the error output.

Is this a CXF problem? Does the standard offer any guidance?