maven-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject maven-surefire-plugin 2.13: test order (know about runOrder)?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 20:45:26 GMT
Can one control the ordering of test *methods* inside a test class?  I'm
using JUnit 4.11 and Surefire 2.13.

It seems to me from the wording of the runOrder parameter this would be
used to choose what test *classes* to run in what order.

One of our developers is pointing out that Surefire 2.13 seems to have
changed the order that it uses to run methods inside her test class.

While I know and you don't have to tell me that ordering shouldn't be a
property of unit tests, I want to at least understand if it is controllable
or not.

Thanks very much,
Best,
Laird