maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency resolution kicks in too early
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 15:27:11 GMT
On 13 February 2013 15:19, Anders Hammar <anders@hammar.net> wrote:

> > deploy it to your own groupId
> >

> Isn't it better if he uses the original groupId and artifactId, but adds a
> qualifier to the version indicating that it's their release?

Well... the chain you have to go when deploying something into central
under a groupId that you do not own is something like:

1. Show that you have engaged the owning project and that they are not
pushing a version
2. Show blah blah blah
3.
4.
5. Ok, create the bundle and upload it

And given that he said the owning project is working on uploading to
central, he's going to fail on step 1... so if it is urgent the lesser evil
is his own groupId...

That said it would be best to keep the groupId it will end up with.