maven-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Noël Colin <jn.co...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dynamically select resources and apply filtering
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 15:06:31 GMT
so your suggestion would be to have maven do the compile, and a kind of 'war:exploded', and
then run ant to add the customized files and create the war file, is that correct?

or should I write a plugin that does that for me?

You write: "Separating run-time deployment from Maven is a best practice"; but then, what
should I use to customise and deploy distribution kits?

Best

Jean-Noël

On 26 Feb 2013, at 10:01, Ron Wheeler <rwheeler@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> On 26/02/2013 2:54 AM, Baptiste MATHUS wrote:
>> I *think* Ron means: using maven to produce your standard artifacts
>> (jar/war/ear ?), and then use pure ant somewhere in the process just before
>> deploying for a specific customer to do the replacements you're talking
>> about.
>>
>> (By the way, invoking ant from maven (using antrun-maven-plugin) should
>> always be considered something bad and temporary. Writing or using a
>> dedicated maven plugin is the way to go).
>>
> Exactly.
> My suggestion would be to run the ant after all the maven work is complete and you have
a full set of release files in your repo