maven-users mailing list archives

From Jean-Noël Colin <jn.co...@gmail.com>
Subject dynamically select resources and apply filtering
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 19:41:20 GMT
Hi

I'm trying to migrate my project from ant to maven, but I'm facing a few difficulties; I need
to build my project for different environments (customers, so possibly a long list). In my
ant project, I had several .properties file, one per customer; in this file, I had properties
used to customize some config file; I managed to use resource filtering to achieve this.

However, some properties defined a filename that needed to be copied to the war archive, but
under a common name. For instance, I had several logos: logo_customer1.jpg, logo_customer2.jpg,
logo_customer3.jpg; the source file name was specified in the properties file (customer1.properties,
customer2.properties, customer3.properties), but the destination was always logo.jpg. How
can I do that?

Second, the properties file defines the name of the file (resources) to be filtered. For instance,
I have a template for working with Spring Security in LDAP environment and another template
when working when Active Directory; the customer properties file defined the name of the template
to use, but in both cases, the result file needs to be applicationContext-security.xml. How
can i achieve this? Or is there a way to define conditional profiles so that in the customer
.properties file, I would say LDAP or AD, and based on that value, different profile would
be used?

Many thanks for your help

Jean-Noël