maven-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Way to limit the projects in the reactor of a maven build started with the invoker plugin
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2013 22:23:20 GMT
Thanks for your responses.

Even if your profile solution should work, I guess the maintenance effort would be enormous
(The project I should implement my release tool for has about 80 independent Artifacts, so
I would end up with 80+ profiles).

Well I guess I'll simply start by taking the current release Plugin as a basis and simply
whip up a patched one, as I have to admit I'm completely fed-up with all the problems I am
having with the ones available.
I know that "You don't do sub-releases in Maven" but in my case I am working my ass off to
satisfy my customer and I simply want this finished. So if the default stuff doesn't do it,
I'll make it do it ... perhaps I should call it the "pandoras-box-release-plugin" or something
like that ;-)

So I'm finally giving up using standard stuff ... from now I'll go the custom path. Hopefully
that will lead me out of this release jungle soon ;-)

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Lyons, Roy [mailto:Roy.Lyons@cmegroup.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 13. Februar 2013 23:16
An: Maven Users List
Betreff: Re: Way to limit the projects in the reactor of a maven build started with the invoker
plugin

I have a method which will summarily be poked at...  but it works for the one team that uses
it here...

They put the [modules] section in profiles...  and set a profile to determine which set of
modules are included.

In general the advice you will get is to never have a profile make a difference in the binaries
being built...  but it is kind of handy if its an internal project that is well documented.

Thanks,

Roy Lyons
Senior Configuration Engineer