maven-users mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz ...@durchholz.org>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: Maven Shade Plugin
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 18:47:18 GMT
Am 28.02.2013 16:24, schrieb Jan Engler:
> At first: in fact this is only one artifact. The full jar contains all
> classes of the dependecies, the api a reduced set (using filtern in the
> shade plugin).

Is there a (conceivable) Maven build that uses api.jar as a dependency?
Then it must be the main artifact at its GAV (groupId/artifact/version)
coordinate.

Is there a (conceivable) Maven build that uses full.jar as a dependency?
Then it must be the main artifact at its GAV coordinate.

If both jars need to be main artifacts, they need to go to different GAV
coordinates. Because the dependent projects that need either api.jar or
full.jar have no way of specifying which of them they actually need, the
dependency section in their poms can only specify the GAV coordinate.

> Even if I split that up into 2 projects, I cannot define modules then in
> the pom, right?

I'm not sure about that, I was never quite able to figure out what their
purpose is.

They might be just what you need to manage deployment of multiple
related projects. But that's just a gut feeling I have; I'll leave the
answer to that to the real experts.

 > I need to do s/t like that:
> - Build up all modules (to be sure that everything is up to date)
> - Build the shaded artifacts
> - cross-compile them (using ikvm)
> - put the artifact with some other stuff  (doc, examples, dlls, etc).into
> one zip (in fact three: windows, linux, mac)
> - deploy all artifacts into nexus (or maybe somewhere else using wagon)

Whoah. That ikvm and multi-arch stuff is way out of my league.