maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: dynamically select resources and apply filtering
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:50:41 GMT
Since you want to support a "lot" of customers with different
configurations, you may want something that is based on a simple CMS
that provides a database and an editing tool and an API for extracting
content.
You script could then navigate the CMS picking up the right pieces to
make up the war for each client.

If you have to deliver updated documentation, release note and revised
EULAs, then you might want to use your script to prepare an installer
staging area and invoke an installer build package to build a customized
installer for each client.

Ron

On 26/02/2013 10:49 AM, Lyons, Roy wrote:
> I say that you could just run a post-deployment command that performs any
> filtering.  You could use ant, perl, java, whatever you wanted to...  and
> perhaps have it pull down content from a centralized git repository or
> something to make it easy to maintain your properties/configs.
>
> The obvious mess comes into play if you are performing deployments using
> the maven tomcat plugin or something similar instead of a real packaging
> tool.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Roy Lyons
>

> On 2/26/13 9:43 AM, "Stephen Connolly" <stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have an answer on Stack Overflow that might help your thought processes:
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14650468/whats-a-practicable-way-for-au
>> tomated-configuration-versioning-and-deployment/14661186#14661186
>>

>> On 26 February 2013 15:06, Jean-Noël Colin <jn.colin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> so your suggestion would be to have maven do the compile, and a kind of
>>> 'war:exploded', and then run ant to add the customized files and create
>>> the
>>> war file, is that correct?
>>>
>>> or should I write a plugin that does that for me?
>>>
>>> You write: "Separating run-time deployment from Maven is a best
>>> practice";
>>> but then, what should I use to customise and deploy distribution kits?
>>>
>>> Best
>>>
>>> Jean-Noël

>>> before
>>> talking

>>> should

>>> complete and you have a full set of release files in your repo
>>> configuration files, logos, etc to make distribution kits.

>>> wondering

>>> <rwheeler@artifact-software.com>

>>> facing a
>>> environments