maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Compiling maven plugin and using it in the same project.
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:55:14 GMT
Why would you want to build a plug-in each time?
Plug-ins are usually very stable and don't change from one year to the next.

What is the underlying problem that you are trying to solve that
requires a new plug-in each time.

On 25/02/2013 3:18 PM, Mariusz Pluciński wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to ask, is there any way to have two project: maven plugin and project using
the plugin as submodules of the same root project, and compile them just by "mvn package"
(orinstall) called for root project?

> I have tried to do it this way, but got an error:
>
> Unresolveable build extension: Plugin <plugin project id was here> or one of its
dependencies could not be resolved: Could not find artifact <again the same id>.

> In case of dependencies, there is no problem to find artifact being submodule parallel
to currently built project - maven understands, that it should build e.g. dependency jar before
building the dependent one. Is it possible to make him do this with plugin?

> Best regards,
> Mariusz Pluciński

Ron Wheeler
President