maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: MRM inside Eclipse
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 14:46:40 GMT
On 06/02/2013 8:27 AM, Toolforger wrote:
> Am 06.02.2013 11:15, schrieb Adrien Rivard:
>> I'm not sure that that the latest m2e have more in the maven
>> repositories
>> view than what you already have
>
> I did have a test install of m2e with Juno, and sure enough, one of
> the things I checked was the Maven view.
> Unfortunately, I couldn't detect anything new there.
>
> So the question still stands: What Eclipse plugin carries MRM
> functionality?
> If that's m2e: How do I access it?
>
> BTW googling for m2e and mrm just turned up this thread, plus a few
> bug tracker entries that I didn't bother to check.
>
> Regards,
> Jo

The Nexus MRM has a web browser interface that we use to manage MRM
activities.
Other than searching the MRM for new libraries to get their GAV info,
there is really not a lot of interaction between developers and the MRM
since Maven will get what is there and the MRM knows how to talk to the
other MRMs that it is proxying.
It is case of "set it up and forget it" except when we need to update a
non-mavenized 3rd party project.

You seem to want to do one thing that we would not do - capture interim
releases from third parties.
We update our 3rd party libraries fairly infrequently and it is a
project management function rather than a developer activity.

You may want a maven plug-in that downloads artifacts from an SCM and
packages them as SNAPSHOTs in your SNAPSHOT MRM.
I suppose that you could probably do this as a batch job on a schedule
if that met your needs.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler