maven-users mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz ...@durchholz.org>
Subject Re: MRM inside Eclipse
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 09:21:02 GMT
Am 04.02.2013 22:13, schrieb Ron Wheeler:
>> I found STS in the marketplace, and it lists all the plugins that it
>> comes with, so I installed Spring IDE Maven support.
>> Unfortunately, I'm not seeing any additional Maven-related facilities.
>> Is it in some other plugin? (I want to avoid installing plugins with
>> abandon, Eclipse is already slow enough as it is.)
>
> You should have all the Maven that m2e provides.

No real MRM in it. All I get is  Maven Repositories views that shows
coordinates; I can't see what artifacts are on a coordinate, let alone
open the artifacts to inspect them, and I can't delete coordinates that
were accidentally creates and should never have been.

That's m2e 1.0.200.20111228-1245; maybe it's outdated?
Oh, right, it probably is, me currently being in Indigo :-)

Or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

> We just got rid of Eclipse and loaded up the full Eclipse STS.
> It probably has stuff we don't need but at least it all matches and with
> one download and install, I am fully upgraded.

I need cdt, git, svn, Python, and that's just off the top of my head.
I don't think any prepackaged Eclipse will ever fit my needs. And right,
I can have multiple Eclipse installations, but that would just multiply
the number of installations I have to maintain, so it won't be a good
long-term prospect. Experimenting with STS would work, of course; I'll
give it a try this week.

Any pointers where to find the MRM functionality?

Regards,
Jo