maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: New Maven idea: include (import++)?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 16:38:35 GMT
On 05/02/2013 11:13 AM, Wayne Fay wrote:
>> We do make a single jar for each group in the group POM and put that in the
>> Tomcat lib at run time.
> OK, sorry for the misstatement earlier.
NP. It is not a topic that comes up to often.

>> It also makes it a bit easier to make sure that everyone has the right
>> versions on there workstations when testing.
> Didn't realize you do this, but agree it simplifies things drastically
> for your developers.
Gets rid of the real PITA situations where you are chasing some obscure
problem that one person has, only to find they forgot to upgrade a 3rd
party library in their Tomcat.
Also going back to fix a bug in a previous version is easier since you
only have to reset about 10 libraries rather than 70.

> Wayne

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc