maven-users mailing list archives

From Cagecurrent <...@cagecurrent.com>
Subject Re: Modifying a CSS file with Groovy in target before packaged into WAR
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:43:18 GMT
Yes, I want to be able to use Groovy to modify the image references in the
CSS, but *not* in the /src directory as that is in subversion.

The change I'm doing is to be able to increase the caching times for the
images. So for example I would replace the image reference
url(/images/myimage.png) with url(/images/myimage~r2323.png). This way I can
have really long caching times for the images without having to manually
change the name of the image.

The ~r2323 will be removed in a rewrite in the proxy, so the image
myimage.png will still be served from the server.

But as I said, I don't want to modify the CSS in the /src folder as it will
make subversion so it as edited. So the plan is to modify the version of the
CSS file once it's been copied over the /target folder, but it needs to be
done before the WAR is created.

Thanks a lot for your help!
/Per