maven-users mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@scalaris.com>
Subject Re: Packaging up pre-existing jar and source jar
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 09:08:50 GMT
Hi Joachim

Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Am 16.01.2013 13:08, schrieb Francesco Mari:
>> Take a look at the deploy-file mojo [0]. There is a brief explanation
>> of it in the "Usage" page of the deploy plugin [1].
>>
>> [0]
>> [http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/deploy-file-
mojo.html
>> [1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/usage.html
>
> Ah, I had seen that but thought it was inapplicable because I want to
> deploy just to the local repo. But I guess I can tell it to deploy to
> ${settings.localRepository}, right?

What Anders tells you in a lot of word is: Your last sentence does not make
sense in Maven terminology. The local repository is on your home directory
and you will *never* deploy something there, "deploy" means always a remote
repository. See docs for similar goals:

- install:install-file - will add artifact manually to local repo
- deploy:deploy-file - will add artifact manually to remote repo

And yes, a jar that contains only the sources (must have proper layout
though) can be installed as an artifact with classifier "sources" (that's
what the maven-sources-plugin does) and you can do this manually with one of
the goals above - depending on your target.

- Jörg