maven-users mailing list archives

From Maven User <3150...@gmail.com>
Subject Re:<updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy> not working for <releases> with Maven 3.0.4
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:13:19 GMT
Thank you for the information - we will make appropriate adjustments to our
approach.

I believe it would be helpful to make it more obvious in the documentation
that "updatePolicy" for releases only refers to the artifact metadata, and
release versions are "*never*" re-downloaded (which is VERY easy to
understand).

In their current form, the updatePolicy section in
http://maven.apache.org/ref/3.0.4/maven-settings/settings.html and Maven
help for the "-U" option can easily be interpreted to mean Maven is capable
of updating release artifacts in the local cache.