maven-users mailing list archives

From Wayne Fay <wayne...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jar file not in maven
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:09:20 GMT
> However, I'm eager to hear arguments that may falsify my view. I'd be all
> for it to see how this use case (import available from an external, stable
> download site) can be properly integrated into a Maven workflow.
> So I'm arguing for some mechanism to record in a pom:
> - the coordinate where the download comes from
> - the coordinate where the artifact is supposed to go do in a maven repo
> - an automatic process that installs the pom and the download

Feel free to implement this in some plugin, and then make the source
code available to the world so that others who require this kind of
workflow can utilize it.

The rest of us are generally happy with our MRMs and see no need for
such tooling, and as such have not written code to enable it. This is
open source so people generally scratch their own itch. There's no
need for all this arguing about it.

Wayne