maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Re: Packaging up pre-existing jar and source jar
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 07:10:01 GMT
You need to read up on Maven terminology. "deploy" means deploying/copying
to a remote repo (outside your machine). What you seem to be aiming at is
"install" as installing/copying to your local repo on your machine.

But, you seriously need to look into how Maven is supposed to work. Trying
to fight the Maven way will just cause you pain and us on the mailing list
a lot of trouble trying to patch your work. Start by getting a repo manager
and set up a remote repo. You need that! Then deploy the lib and the
sources lib to that repo (along with the pom you have created for those).
They will have the same GAV but the sources artifact will have the
"sources" classifier.

Ron, if you're listening here, could you please tell Joachim how you wasted
years not using a repo manager before you saw the light?

/Anders