maven-users mailing list archives

From Tonio Caputo <ton...@exeo.com.ar>
Subject [maven-release-plugin] Why does perform goal recompiles after running stage goal ?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:40:59 GMT
I'm using maven release for a release procedure, following this workflow

1 - release:branch  create a release candidate
     using version X.X.X-000-SNAPSHOT
     (000 stands for build number)

2 - release:prepare release:stage to deploy the
     artifact to a staging repository

3 - Repeat step 2 until release candidate is ok

4 - run release:perform with the last staging data

The problem I find is that in step 4 release:perform "recompiles"
everything, while I was expecting just to deploy de already
created binaries.

So my question:

- Is this an expected behaviour (perform recompilation) ?

- Anyway you can override this (perfrom recompilation) ?

- I guess is a common request to expect release deploy to contain
  the same binaries as accepted release candidate, may be I'm wrong ?

- Any other way to somehow do this you think, without relying on
  maven repository features ?

Thanks in advance
tonio