maven-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Völschow <rvoel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deploy a project to multiple locations
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 16:52:29 GMT
Hi Jörg,

> first you should be more precise on what you really want to do, e.g. by making
> an example.

I have web project that contains some subprojects. As

The super-pom calls the pom.xml from the subprojects and invoke they.
Each single project are more or less indiependet from each other and
they can be built and installed seaperatly.
The system architecture is configured as follows: a local instance on
your own computer and another fore instance with different URIs. If
you want to install the current version on all servers you have to
start the building process more than one times or you do it manually.
(of couse you can use the particular commandline option). For more
comfort I've got the task to develop a maven script that is able to
read the profil properties from settings.xml. So there is only "one
mouse click" nessecary to deploy they on all enviroments.

Rainer

PS: To prevent misunderstanding: The software works in a content
management system, that contains its own servlet container.