maven-users mailing list archives

From Ansgar Konermann <ansgar.konerm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: import plugin configurations
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 23:14:28 GMT
Suggestions:

Dependency management: a small number of poms. In the beginning: could be
one pom.

Build behaviour: a small number of parent poms. One for each type of
artifact you're going to produce. Say: JAR, WAR. Maybe one common parent
where you define plugin versions and build behaviour which is really the
same for all your artifacts.

Hint: plugin management can use properties which are "undefined" in the
parent pom. You can define their values in the inheriting module's pom.
Think OOP: parent pom can define abstract/parameterized behaviour,
inheriting pom defines abstract parts of behaviour.

Put dependencies of each module into that module. Reduce number of
dependencies as much as possible. Don't depend on, say, a JAR, just because
all your other modules do that too.

If this does not work for you, let us know the detailed "why".