maven-users mailing list archives

From Dan Godfrey <daniel.godf...@gmail.com>
Subject HelpMojo not being compiled when using annotations
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2013 17:00:40 GMT
Hi,

I'm having some issues getting the HelpMojo generated when using the
maven-plugin-plugin. I've updated to use the java annotations instead of
the javadoc versions.

The issue as far as I can see is that, the helpmojo goal needs to be
executed in the process-classes phase, otherwise there won't necessarily be
any classes in target\classes from which to read the annotations. However,
as the process-classes phase is after the compile phase, the source
generated for HelpMojo in target/generated-sources/plugin is never compiled
into target/classes, and hence never included in the jar. It's a bit of a
chicken & egg problem.

If it is executed in the generate-sources phases, (the default I believe)
then the build fails after a clean as there are no classes in
target/classes with any annotations, well no classes at all.

Thanks,
Dan.