maven-users mailing list archives

From "KARR, DAVID" <dk0...@att.com>
Subject PowerMock tests work fine in Eclipse, but don't execute in Maven build
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2013 23:54:33 GMT
I normally use Mockito and JUnit with Maven.  I'm trying to write some tests using PowerMock.
 I got the PowerMock test working fine in Eclipse, but now I'm noticing that the test is not
running in the Maven build.  Maven finds the test class, but it seems to think there are no
tests.  It's also trying to run it with TestNG instead of JUnit, which is surprising.

This is the build output I see:
----------------------
 T E S T S
Running com.foo.tv.client.UiFeatureManagerTest
Configuring TestNG with: org.apache.maven.surefire.testng.conf.TestNG652Configurator@76cbf7
Tests run: 0, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.69 sec

Results :

---------------------------

My very elided test class looks like this:
------------------------
@RunWith(PowerMockRunner.class)
@PrepareForTest({...})
public class UiFeatureManagerTest {

    private UiFeatureManager    uiFeatureManager;

    @Before
    public void setup() {
        uiFeatureManager    = new UiFeatureManager(...);
        PowerMockito.mockStatic(Blio.class, OrderUtil.class);
    }

    @Test
    public void lookupstuff() {
        when(...).thenReturn(...);
    }
-------------------

This is my entire POM:
-----------------------------
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
    xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-4.0.0.xsd">
    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>powermockdemo</groupId>
    <artifactId>powermockdemo</artifactId>
    <version>0.0.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.3.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.6</source>
                    <target>1.6</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <version>2.12.4</version>
                <configuration>
                    <failIfNoTests>true</failIfNoTests>
                    <parallel>methods</parallel>
                    <detail>true</detail>
                    <additionalClasspathElements>
                        <additionalClasspathElement>src/test/resources</additionalClasspathElement>
                        <additionalClasspathElement>${project.build.directory}/classes</additionalClasspathElement>
                        <additionalClasspathElement>${project.build.directory}/test-classes</additionalClasspathElement>
                    </additionalClasspathElements>
                    <argLine>${surefire.argLine}</argLine>
                    <classesDirectory>${project.build.directory}/generated-classes/classes</classesDirectory>
                    <forkMode>once</forkMode>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>
    </build>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-collections</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-collections</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.1</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>commons-lang</groupId>
            <artifactId>commons-lang</artifactId>
            <version>2.6</version>
        </dependency>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.powermock</groupId>
            <artifactId>powermock-mockito-release-full</artifactId>
            <version>1.5</version>
            <classifier>full</classifier>
            <scope>test</scope>
        </dependency>