maven-users mailing list archives

From Marcos Mendez <mar...@jitisoft.com>
Subject Re: import plugin configurations
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 21:30:41 GMT
I found this approach at http://weblogs.java.net/blog/fabriziogiudici/archive/2010/02/21/shrink-your-pom.
Maybe the name is not correct, but I want a pom with most configurations that I can import
from all my separate projects. Works for dependencies, though I have to define a separate
process to actually import the properties from that pom. I just want to have the plugin configurations
come from one place.

On Jan 4, 2013, at 4:25 PM, Marcos Mendez wrote:

> I actually do mean super pom. We have multiple projects that have similar configurations,
dependencies, plugins, etc.  I don't want to have them repeated each time and they will not
have the same parent - it is not feasible. I've used the import scope for setting dependency
versions (e.g. dependency management) in one place and that worked ok. Has anyone tried to
do this for plugins configurations as well?