maven-users mailing list archives

From "Pimentel, Robert" <Robert.Pimen...@tgslc.org>
Subject RE: Plugin to determine release order for multiple projects
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 16:06:15 GMT
When I run mvn clean, and look at the reactor order, it lists the build order for the modules
in that particular project. That list does not include other projects for which the target
project is dependent upon.

For example:

Project A
---> module A
---> module B
---> module C

Project B
---> module A
---> module B

Module A of project A has a dependency on module B of Project B. When I ran mvn clean at the
top level or project A, it lists the build order (e.g. module B, C, A of project A), but there
is no mention of module B in Project B. Also, module B of project B may have a dependency
on module A of a different (project C). The goal is to have an ordered list of the projects
to be released. In this example Project C, then Project B, and then Project A. The reactor
does not seem to provide that functionality. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks,
Rob