maven-users mailing list archives

From "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject AW: Maven release:prepare
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2013 16:39:33 GMT
Hi Sundeep,

I doubt you can skip the last 2 steps, but you could configure the plugin to "change" the
development version to exactly the same version as the release version. Haven't tried this
though:

mvn release:prepare -DreleaseVersion={release-version} -DdevelopmentVersion={release-version}

The result should be the same as if the last two steps were skipped.
As I mentioned ... haven't actually tried this :-)

Chris

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Sundeep Reddy [mailto:sundeep.ismd@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Samstag, 5. Januar 2013 13:30
An: users@maven.apache.org
Betreff: Maven release:prepare

Hi All,

The maven release:prepare does the following things:

release: prepare - Performs a number of operations

   - Checks to make sure that there are no uncommitted changes.
   - Ensures that there are no SNAPSHOT dependencies in the POM file,
   - Changes the version of the application and removes SNAPSHOT from the
   version.  ie 1.0.3-SNAPSHOT becomes 1.0.3
   - Run project tests against modified POMs
   - Commit the modified POM
   - Tag the code in Subversion

   - Increment the version number and append SNAPSHOT.  ie 1.0.3 becomes
   1.0.4-SNAPSHOT
   - Commit modified POM

Is there way where we could skip the last 2 steps i,e increment of the version number and
appending the SNAPSHOT . In a way just want to convert the snapshot to a release,no further
development version.

Thanks

Sundeep