maven-users mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz ...@durchholz.org>
Subject Re: Best way to retrieve multiple subsets from SVN?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 16:54:15 GMT
Am 24.01.2013 15:00, schrieb Ron Wheeler:
> On 24/01/2013 3:34 AM, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
>> Am 24.01.2013 05:39, schrieb Ron Wheeler:
>>> You manually put the jars in your Maven repo through its manual upload
>>> procedure with some version number (nice if it relates to the version
>>> that the authors gave them) and reference them as dependencies.
>>
>> That's 13 jars to be built from their sources, and 10 jars that they
>> bundle as external dependencies.
>> And since they're in pre-beta, I want to do that on a more-or-less
>> daily basis.
> Are the 10 external dependencies changing each day?

Extremely rarely, but since changes there aren't announced anywhere, I
have to act as if it might change any day.

> Who is building the 13 jars?

I can choose, they're delivering the sources as well as precompiled jars.
No source jars though, so I'll just svn checkout/update in the
generate-sources phase and let the standard compile etc. mechanisms of
maven do their thing. Sounds easier than explicitly configuring an
attach-sources etc. goal.

> How are you going to use SNAPSHOTS in the pre-beta phase?

I build my project based on that.
Whenever I hit a bug, I submit a bug report, which usually gets fixed.
Since my own project is months from a release, that's okay. If I find
I'm nearing release before the external project doesn, I'll probably
drop the SNAPSHOT qualifier and hardcode a known good pre-beta revision.