maven-users mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz ...@durchholz.org>
Subject Re: Best way to retrieve multiple subsets from SVN?
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:34:42 GMT
Am 24.01.2013 05:39, schrieb Ron Wheeler:
> You manually put the jars in your Maven repo through its manual upload
> procedure with some version number (nice if it relates to the version
> that the authors gave them) and reference them as dependencies.

That's 13 jars to be built from their sources, and 10 jars that they
bundle as external dependencies.
And since they're in pre-beta, I want to do that on a more-or-less daily
basis.
I don't think manual extraction is a good option for that.

> Maven does not really deal with SVN as a jar source.

I have settled on this plan:
a) Have one project per jar. (Place commonalities in a parent pom.)
b) bind an svn export goal to the package phase
c) configure it to extract the intended jar to target.

Unless there's anything in that could come back and bite me, that looks
like Maven can use SVN as a jar source right out of the box.

Regards,
Jo