maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Upload arbitrary directories to maven repositories
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 14:04:44 GMT
Maven might be a good solution if your components are packaged as jar
files and your build just pulled in the "right" jar files.

If you are pulling in source code and building, then your alternatives
to a file server might range from a CMS or database to a source control
system like svn or git or.....

What is it about the file server that prompts you to want to change?

Ron

On 23/01/2013 8:48 AM, Stephen Connolly wrote:
> Think of a Maven Repository as being for use by Maven and that delivery of
> components on a file server as "shipping" to production. Don't try and make
> the fileserver into a Maven repository.
>

> On 23 January 2013 12:06, burkhard kuehlert <
> Burkhard.Kuehlert@wincor-nixdorf.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> yes, you are right, but that is what I wanted to say with my last post "I
>> have to get used to it".
>> I have realized that I have to change my ideas.
>>
>> And at long last I will answer your question. My company delivers an
>> extendible j2ee framework, and we started with it in 2002. We deliver all
>> our artifacts in so-called components on a file-server(see picture) and in
>> an ant-projectbuild the components are assembled to applications.
>>
>> <http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/file/n5744259/component.jpg>
>>
>> And I wanted to know, if a maven repository can be used instead of a
>> fileserver. And so I wanted to upload the same structure to a maven
>> repository. That is where I started with maven.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Burkhard
>>

>> --

Ron Wheeler