maven-users mailing list archives

From Joachim Durchholz ...@durchholz.org>
Subject Re: Best way to retrieve multiple subsets from SVN?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:10:36 GMT
Am 23.01.2013 13:44, schrieb Manfred Nilsson:
> Hi
>
> I am going on a hunch here what your are trying to do, in my opinion
> this is poorly supported by maven currently (I however guess you could
> use the maven-release-plugin and create a tag

Creating an SVN tag?
No, that's not the point at all. I don't even have write access to the
SVN repo :-)

What I'm trying to solve is that need to orchestrate multiple builds
based on a common revision number, picked from the HEAD revision at a
given point in time.

> in my experience it's
> better to go with the solution to write down the SVN revision.

What alternatives did you try?
What were the problems that got solved by writing down the SVN revision?

 > And then
> you might whan't to look into the jenkins plugin for build-pipline but
> now i am just guessing what you are doing/ using ... so maybe look into
> one of the many articles about setting up a "build pipeline" ... here is
> one i found http://java.dzone.com/articles/how-build-true-pipelines

Yes, that might be solving the issue.
I'm hesitant to add yet another tool to the toolchain though.
I'm still struggling with Maven, a multitude of plugins, and repository
manager knowledge. I think Jenkins might be the straw that will break
the camel's back, so I'll be bookmarking that for a later date.

Hearing that an explicit revision will work does give me a working
fallback strategy in case no other recommendations turn up. Thanks :-)

Regards,
Jo