maven-users mailing list archives

From Dirk Olmes <d...@xanthippe.ping.de>
Subject Re: Write dependency information to a file (new custom plugin)
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 06:44:36 GMT
On 01/17/2013 05:09 PM, Danny Schimke wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> thank you very much. Yes, it works, I figured out, but something very
> important is missing here: the properties does not contain the version
> number of the artifact.

Well the property does not but the value points to an absolute path of
the artifact in the local repository, which includes the version.

You did not say much about your use case - for me, the full path was all
I needed. See https://github.com/dirk-olmes/dependency-plugin-demo for a
demo that shows the properties and the values.

> My coworker said I should not use Groovy - I am
> with him, this should work out of the box without being dependent on a
> further technology.

Well yes it should. But it doesn't so you can now either give up or use
the groovy plugin as "yet another plugin in the build".

-dirk