maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Packaging up pre-existing jar and source jar
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:26:27 GMT
If you want them both in one artifact:
Use a "pom" packaging type with the dependencies  lib.jar and
lib-sources.jar.
Use the Assembly plugin to make a jar with both jars inside.

If you want them as individual artifacts:
If you are running Nexus as your Maven Repository, I think that you can
just upload each jar and Nexus will generate a minimal POM with the
specified GAV that can be downloaded by Maven just like any jar that you
built from sources.

Ron

On 16/01/2013 5:08 AM, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> sorry if this is a FAQ but I didn't find instructions on maven.org for
> this.
>
> I'm provided with a lib.jar and lib-sources.jar.
> How do I make Maven generate an artifact from these, without
> recompiling the sources? (lib-sources.jar needs to be available for
> debugging when importing the artifact as a dependency in other Maven
> projects.)
>
> Any feedback appreciated!
> Jo

Ron Wheeler