maven-users mailing list archives

From Ron Wheeler <rwhee...@artifact-software.com>
Subject Re: Deploy a project to multiple locations
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:29:09 GMT
Isn't this what installers are for?
Maven is for programmers. Programmers are not system administrators and
should not be building artifacts that are specific to run-times.
It is good to build tools that let System Administrators install your
artifacts correctly.
If you have both jobs, just make sure that you know which hat you are
wearing and chose the right tools to support the tasks you are doing.

Profiles are the devil's tool for this job and from the conversations
here, will drag you over to the dark side and leave you crying for relief.
If you start down the road with profiles, make sure that you have an
expert guide that will guarantee that he/she can make it work.

Ron

On 10/01/2013 11:54 AM, Patrick Turcotte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If what you want is to deploy a war with different servers (possibly
> with different configurations), you could use profiles.
>
> And if you want to do it for all of them in one go, you could write a
> script (bat, bash) that would wrap it.
>
> Patrick
>
> On 13-01-10 10:43 AM, Rainer Völschow wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> at my work I've got the task to develop a maven build script, that is
>> able to deploy a project to different server enviroments. According my
>> resaerch in the Internet, it seems that the maven-invoker-plugin is
>> the only once option for that. I visited the homepage of that plugin
>> serveral times, but I couldn't get any idea how can I achive this.
>> Where I'm stuck is, how can I get all defined profiles and pass it to
>> the invoke-plugin?
>>
>> Thanks in Advance
>> Rainer
>>
>> PS: Any alternatives idears to rech the goal are welcome. :-)

Ron Wheeler
President
Artifact Software Inc
email: rwheeler@artifact-software.com