maven-users mailing list archives

From Michael-O <1983-01...@gmx.net>
Subject Retrieving interpolated property config from a plugin within a Mojo
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2013 19:31:22 GMT
Hi,

I am currently trying to figure out in a Mojo how far interpolation
works for the Model class. There seems to be a interpolation limitation.

Say I define this:
<properties>
   <maven.compiler.source>1.6</maven.compiler.source>
   <maven.compiler.target>1.6</maven.compiler.target>
</properties>

The compiler plugin works as expected but when I try to retrieve that
plugin's config, those values are null.

I have noticed this problem in several plugins and reported bugs in [1],
[2] and [3].

Is there any way to retrieve that kind of "dynamic" configuration?
I know that the Model JavaDoc says that no interpolation is written back
to the model.

I presume that this is an intentional functional limitation of the sytem?

Thanks,

Michael