maven-users mailing list archives

From Erik Fäßler <erik.faess...@uni-jena.de>
Subject copy selected dependencies transitively
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:17:18 GMT
Hi all,

my issue is no new one and I found some related posts - even on this list - already. But none
of them has been answered, so I try my luck.

What I want:
Copy one (or multiple) selected dependency of my project into a directory of its own. That
is, unlike the normal "copy-dependencies" execution which just copies all dependencies into
a directory, I want to select only some of them.
I tried it with includeArtifactIds like this:

<plugin>
				<version>2.6</version>
				<executions>
					<execution>
						<id>Copy dependencies transitive</id>
						<phase>package</phase>
						<goals>
							<goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
						</goals>
						<configuration>
							<excludeTransitive>false</excludeTransitive>
							<outputDirectory>lib</outputDirectory>
							<includeArtifactIds>myartifact</includeArtifactIds>
						</configuration>
					</execution>

				</executions>
</plugin>

But here, the original meaning of "includeArtifactIds" is "copy exactly the artifacts of the
given IDs, nothing else", which also means that no transitive dependencies are copied. I stated
explicitly "<excludeTransitive>false</excludeTransitive>" but this seems to be
ignored.
Question: Is there another way to achieve what I need (copy selected artifacts along with
their transitive dependencies into a folder of their own).
Feature Request: I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to take the "<excludeTransitive>false</excludeTransitive>"
command into account and just copy the transitive dependencies in this case, would it? If
this could be added, it would help me and I guess some other people out there.

Thanks and best regards,

Erik