maven-users mailing list archives

From "Veit Guna" <Veit.G...@gmx.de>
Subject Maven copy-dependencies and excluding transitively
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 13:15:53 GMT
Hi.

I'm using the Maven Dependency Plugin with the goal copy-dependencies. I would like to do
the following:

- Copy all transitive dependencies with the scope "runtime" to the target dir
- exclude specific group ids *including their* transitive dependencies from that list

I tried:

<plugin>
	<version>2.6</version>
	<executions>
		<execution>
			<id>copy-dependencies</id>
			<phase>package</phase>
			<goals>
				<goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
			</goals>
			<configuration>
				<includeScope>runtime</includeScope>
				<excludeGroupIds>A,B</excludeGroupIds>
			</configuration>
		</execution>
	</executions>
</plugin>

But that leaves all transient dependecies of A and B in the target dir. I also tried

<excludeTransitive>true</excludeTransitive>

But that excludes *all* transitive deps - not only for A and B. That leaves only "direct"
deps in the target dir.

Is there any way to achieve what I want *without* specifying each transitive dependency (and
theirs) manually via <excludeGroupIds>?

Thanks.