maven-users mailing list archives

From "daniel.todt" <danielt...@gmail.com>
Subject Multi-Module: How to download other project's as dependency's without build it locally
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:48:50 GMT
Greetings, folks.

My English is poor, so I apologize for possible errors.

I have a multi-module environment like below, on a *Jboss server* using
*Archiva* as "Maven Repository Manager", *Jenkins* as "CI" and *Git* as
"Source Manager".

When I run the Project C, I need both the Project B (projectb.jar) and
Project C (projectc.war) into $JBOSS_HOME/Deployments and the Project A,
need's to be into $JBOSS_HOME/Modules path.
This solution already work. I just need to build every project, and put all
in the right place, and it's done.

The "problem" is, the front-end developer do not work on back-end
developer's project neither on lib developer's project, so it's not in his
Workspace, like this:

Workflow:
When the lib developer finish his work, he commit's on Git and run Jenkins,
then the Project A is now updated on Archiva.
When the back-end developer builds the Project B, Maven automatically
download Project A's information (projecta.jar, projecta.pom, etc) but do
not download the "projecta-jar-with-dependencies.jar".
When the back-end developer finish his work, he commit's on Git and run
Jenkins, then the Project B is now updated on Archiva.
When the front-end developer builds the Project C, Maven automatically
download Project B's information (projectb.jar, projectb.pom, projecta.jar,
projecta.pom, etc) but do not download the
"projecta-jar-with-dependencies.jar".
1) Is that so "hard" or "bad practice", that I cant not find any
implementation like that?
2) How can I (during build or after) of the Project C, update / download his
dependencies (projecta-jar-with-dependencies.jar and projectb.jar) and put
all in it's right place?
3) Without using "ear" or "osgi", is there any other best practice of this?