maven-users mailing list archives

From Mikhail Kalkov <mikhail.kal...@purplescout.se>
Subject Re: problem while conversion in build
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:30:34 GMT
By the way, I've just noticed that you use
<? xmlversion=”1.1” encoding=”ISO-8859-1”>
whereas it should be
<?xmlversion="1.1" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

I've removed whitespace before xmlversion, changed quotes to ASCII, and most importantly added
a missing question mark in the end.

/Mikhail

----- Original Message -----

From: "Praveen Jain" <praveen.x.jain@oracle.com>
To: "Maven Users List" <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:01:34 AM
Subject: RE: problem while conversion in build

I am using Xdoclet 1.2.3 and org.apache.maven.plugin is 1.6.
There is no encoding tag in validator-global.xml
If I add
<? xmlversion=”1.1” encoding=”ISO-8859-1”>
Then it simply added to validation.xml with all other tag and
This line is added 2 time in Validation.xml and it fails while xml validation. but conversion
done properly. So I cannot add explicit encoding in validator-global.xml.
If encoding is UTF-8 then german character converted to garbage value.

How can we define which encoding should use while merging ? by default it is UTF-8 which is
not working.

Thanks
Warm Regards,
Praveen Jain