maven-users mailing list archives

From "Coarr, Matt" <mco...@mitre.org>
Subject maven-release-plugin and git
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2012 22:36:38 GMT
Hello,

I'm able to use "mvn release:prepare" but I run into an issue when I use "mvn release:perform".

My problem is that my scm data in my pom points to our git repository which contains multiple
projects.

Is there a way to tell release:perform to only checkout or export a subdirectory of the repository?
 (This would be easy with svn — you just specify the url to the project directory in svn).

Another option would be to checkout the whole repository, but somehow tell the forked maven
process to build from a certain subdirectory.

I guess a third option would be maybe I'm doing something wrong with my tagging/branching
in git.  Is it possible to tag just a subdirectory in git and then maybe I need to "git checkout
mybranch"??

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks!
Matt