maven-users mailing list archives

From "Winsor, Daniel" <daniel.win...@etrade.com>
Subject Re: Optional dependency not overlaid
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:37:22 GMT
Hi,

It appears we are using 2.0 of maven-war-plugin due to some incorrect
dependency graphs - at least that's what the comment says.
I'm testing maven-war-plugin with 2.3 right now, and I can confirm that
the optional dependency is overlaid.

However, it brings up a new problem.  In my first email I mentioned that I
am overlaying with a skip parameter, as in:
//parent-of-everything/pom.xml
<plugin>
  <configuration>
    <overlays>
      <overlay>
        <artifactId>to-be-overlaid</artifactId>
        <skip>${exclude.optional.overlay}</skip>
        <includes>
          <include>**</include>
        </includes>
      </overlay>
      <overlay>
        <!-- default self overlay -->
      </overlay>
    </overlays>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

So if the overlay is skipped, I don't want my files to show up, period.
The new problem is that the to-be-overlaid dependency, whether optional or
not, is included in my jetty webapp context, since it is a war dependency.
 Since to-be-overlaid is in the context, the files are present at runtime.
 The jetty-maven-plugin is part of the same profile in the
parent-of-everything/pom.xml
JettyWebAppContext@772eab80@772eab80/,[file:/Users/dwinsor/project/target/t
mp/webinf/, [file:/Users/dwinsor/project/src/main/webapp/,
jar:file:/Users/dwinsor/.m2/repository/to-be-overlaid-SNAPSHOT.war!/,
jar:file:/Users/dwinsor/project/target/some-webapp-war.war!/]],[file:/Users
/dwinsor/project/src/main/webapp/] started

So maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.  What I want is to have test
files applied to a war in a development environment and totally absent
from a production environment.  Am I on the right track and somehow
messing up, or am I on the wrong track and there's a better or easier way?

Thank you,
Daniel Winsor
Associate, IT Architecture