maven-users mailing list archives

From Anders Hammar <and...@hammar.net>
Subject Should I add tools.jar to my internal repo?
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:20:39 GMT
So far I've managed the few situations where tools.jar (included in the
JDK) is needed by using the deprecated system scope and point at a local
tools.jar file. Up until now it's just been used in build time by plugins,
but now I've run into a case where it's an actual dependency and therefore
it could cause issues.

Normally, artifacts should be in the repo but I'm wondering if there are
any problems adding this one to an internal repo? Is it platform neutral
for example?
It's a strictly internal repo so I think we can ignore any license problems
by adding it to the repo.

/Anders