maven-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone know how to use the ant task scopes?
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 12:18:18 GMT
On 17 December 2012 03:28, Rick Mann <rmann@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> On Dec 16, 2012, at 18:06 , Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > You'll have to be a lot more specific. With the antrun plugin? With
> > something else?
>
> I've posted a couple times with my specific query, but no replies to it. I
> set it up a long time ago, so I didn't know there was more than one way to
> use the maven plugin in ant. In my ~/.ant/lib I have
> maven-ant-tasks-2.1.3.jar. Here's what I have in my build.xml:
>
> <project name="proj" default="build-nojar" basedir="."
> xmlns:artifact="antlib:org.apache.maven.artifact.ant">

>     <artifact:remoteRepository id="main.repository" url="
> http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/maven2"/>

>     <artifact:dependencies pathId="runtime.classpath"
> filesetId="runtime.fileset" >
>
>         <remoteRepository refid="main.repository"/>
>
>             <dependency groupId="com.caucho" artifactId="hessian"
> version="4.0.7" scope="compile"/>
>
> etc.
>
> I don't know if that's antrun or something else.

that is maven Ant tasks.

The scope element is used when you have specified "scopes" attr in
<artifact:dependencies> *however* it is really only of use when you have a
pomRefId as there is no other way to reference a different set of scopes.

So the way you would do this is create a <artifact:pom> with all the
dependencies, e.g.
https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/build.xml#L319 and then use
the scopes element to select the scopes you want. I have not done that
here: https://github.com/apache/cassandra/blob/trunk/build.xml#L517 but
that is for political reasons, where c* didn't want test scoped
dependencies in their non-test "pom"s

-Stephen