maven-users mailing list archives

From Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>
Subject Re: Help with ant task?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 22:38:34 GMT

On Dec 10, 2012, at 12:03 , Martin Gainty <mgainty@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Short Answer: HERE (and ant-users) is latest version of ANT installed..IMHO skip ivy..all
of your namespace mapping can be accomplished in Maven
> http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
> get maven-antrun-plugin from here (IMHO install it to local repo)
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.maven.plugins/maven-antrun-plugin take a
gander at these examples for executing ANT Tasks with maven-antrun-plugin here
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Antrun+Plugin
> pingback if you need anything

Thanks, Martin.

I posted a question a few days ago but got no response. My trouble is not so much with running
the maven ant task, that works fine (I use it to fetch dependencies and build class paths).

What I'd like to do is make use of the "useScope" attribute, which doesn't seem useful to
me, at least the way I understand its use. Ideally, I'd be able to specify each dependency
with its required scope, then outside of that <artifact:dependencies> tag, refer to
it with different useScope values.

But as it is, it seems useless, because it can only be specified once per dependencies tag.

Can someone elaborate on how it's supposed to be used?

Thanks!

--
Rick